Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, however statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well, can help you find and buy your ideal home, and make the entire process go as smoothly as possible for you. Your real estate agent will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate agent will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate agent is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will potentially save you thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do…. plus, we’ll have fun in the process.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.