Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. As your real estate agent, I’ll do my absolute best to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the Seller’s Agent that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
No need to worry, we’ll work together on this.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and ensure the seller’s agent has it in hand in a timely manner.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through satisfying any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem a bit overwhelming… It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.